Tour DatesRadio Birds Tour Dates
About Radio Birds
To see and hear them now, you might never believe that a few short years ago Radio Birds had a completely different lineup, look, and sound. In early 2013, rising united from their earlier musical experiences, these four young men decided to take a risk and start completely over with a new name and sound. They quickly worked up a batch of new songs, and by that summer they had recorded a successful EP and had begun playing extensively, even winning the 2013 Masquerade Musicians Showcase in Atlanta, GA. Within a year of their rechristening, they were booked for The Rock Boat 2014 (and 15!), were featured in a major motion picture (Jason Momoa's Road to Paloma), played SXSW, and attracted the services of indie Atlanta label Brash Music. Things have moved quickly for a reason, and everyone involved points back to two causes: Radio Bird's irresistible character and undeniably unique sound.
That sound is simple: Plain-Old Rock and Roll Music with a distinctly hairy touch. Meaning, it is not clean, it is not easy, (or too difficult), and it is not The Next Logical Revival of a Previously Popular Genre From the Seventies. It is what you get when four guys all write music with the basic beliefs that it must be played live, and it must be played everywhere. Each of their songs is different from the others and is balanced by the web of harmonies that entangles the whole group. Everybody sings, and sometimes, you just can't help but sing along.
Radio Birds has taken their sound out to the world, and their dedicated touring and writing schedule proves one thing: Radio Birds wants you to hear them now more than ever. They are proud to announce an exciting new album, recorded at the world-famous Southern Tracks studio, featuring an impressively diverse set of songs and even additional instrumentation by Will Turpin (Collective Soul) and Mark O'Connor. Equipped with new songs, longer hair, and scruffier beards, they look forward to spending the next several months bringing this music to everyone who will listen.
Radio Birds is:
Justin Keller (JK)
- “Hold On Me” Music video – 34k views
- Won MTVU The Freshman
- Played on Palladia and VH1
- 150+ dates played in 2015
- 100k + plays on Spotify across all songs
- Appearing on 2016's Rock Boat XV with, Michael Frantic, Sister Hazel and more…
- "Hold On Me” Charted at FMQB Feb 2015
- AAA spins: Atlanta, St Louis, Breckenridge, Ocean city, Knoxville, Aspen, and Steamboat Springs
- Song “Ease My Mind" placed in Jason Momoa's 2014 film Road To Paloma
- Newest Record features Mark O'Connor and Will Turpin (of Collective Soul)
- Performed at: Rock Boat 14 and 15, Bearstock, Sarasota Film Festival, Rock By the Sea festival, and Music Midtown
- Played shows with: Chris Knight, Cody Canada, American Aquarium, Sister Hazel, Bronze Radio Return, Stokeswood, Matthew Perryman Jones, Bronze Radio Return, Better Than Ezra, Will Hoge